We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Welcome to Centretown Veterinary Hospital in Ottawa, Ontario
Centretown Veterinary Hospital was founded in 2008 by Dr. Emily Black. The location was chosen to serve the downtown core including the surrounding neighbourhoods of Centretown, Little Italy, Hintonburg, Lowertown, and Wellington Village with a full function veterinary hospital offering a complete range of services such as preventive, medical, surgical, and dental care, by considerate and compassionate staff. We invite you to come in and take a tour of our hospital!
Centretown Veterinary Hospital is proud to be listed as one of the Top 3 Veterinary clinics in Ottawa, ON. This award is presented to veterinary hospitals based on reputation, history, ratings, location, satisfaction, trust and cost to the general excellence.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
Last updated: Tuesday, May 19, 2020
1. We are currently operating a “closed reception” policy to protect our clients and staff. Once you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 613-567-0500.
2. We can now see all cases by appointment only.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Thursday 8:00 am - 6:00 pm and Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. We will be closed on Saturday for now.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
6. Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
7. Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Centretown Veterinary Hospital